Wednesday, February 18, 2009

www.truelove.com...Is This Our Answer to Loneliness?

This Valentine's day got me thinking about the idea of true love and its correlation with internet dating. I recently signed my friend up for EHarmony.com. Although a joke to me, it opened my eyes up to the idea that thousands of people rely on internet dating sites such as EHarmony and Match.com to find the "right" person for them.

This is absurd. Though the internet is a bottomless pit of information at our discretion, but by no means should it be used for dating purposes.

What happened to old fashioned courting? It is now hidden behind computer screens causing people to be too self-conscious and pathetic to go out in the world and find love when love finds them. Internet dating, though convenient to the lazy, antisocial person, has recently changed old fashioned dating into computerized compatability inhibiting any sort of personal, intimate experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment