Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Astricks
Newport, RI

This weekend I took a trip to Newport, RI with some friends and enjoy a leisurely girls getaway weekend. We started the trip by having a fancy lunch at an upscale restaurant on Thames Street called Astricks. The four of us happened to be the only people in the entire restaurant, which turned out to be great for us to freely converse and laugh as loud as we pleased.
The restaurant itself was a quaint cafe by the beach, still managing to maintain its charm even in middle of the winter in a beach town. We started off with "Flirtinis," a type of martini with an array of tropical fruit juices mixed with tangeray and vodka. After enjoying our noon time cocktails, we ordered lunch along with another drink.
The meals had the gourmet touch that I expected with the most amazing french fries I have ever eaten. They were not to crispy, not too soft and the chef left just enough skin on the potato before being fried. They accompanied my BLT on a baquette perfectly and I finished my sandwhich and martini with nothing left in my glass or plate.
I would recommend this restaurant to any girls who want to get lunch during a day of shopping in Newport. Although it is an upscale restaurant, the prices for lunch ranged between $10-$15.

No comments:

Post a Comment